Privacy Notice for Website (California)
This privacy notice explains how Vertiv Group Corporation (“Vertiv”) processes your personal information when you access our website.
Vertiv is a Delaware corporation established in the United States and, as site owner, acts as joint data controller together with the different companies of the Vertiv group to which your personal information may be shared.
Please read this privacy notice carefully before using our website because it will help you understand what information we collect, how we use and share the information, and what your choices are in that respect.
Personal information processed
Through your use of our website, we may collect personal information provided by you, including without limitation:
- Identifiers, including contact information such as your first and last name, email address, username, phone number, and home address;
- Professional or employment-related information, including your company, job title, and employment status;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Publicly available information about you collected from third parties, such as from the postal service for shipping address verification; and
The terms of this privacy notice apply also to personal information received from third parties, unless we inform you otherwise. Vertiv is not responsible for the dissemination of your personal information by third parties.
Purposes of the processing
Each category of your personal information may be processed for the following purposes:
- Compliance: to fulfil obligations provided by law and regulations.
- Account registration: to create an online account, whether as a General User, a Vertiv Partner, or a Vertiv Consultant, and your experience will vary depending on your type of account (e.g., with a General User account, you can edit your profile, visit the forums, and add your employer’s name and your job title; with a Partner and a Consultant account, you may, in addition to the above, access more information unavailable without login and you have more privileges in terms of engaging in the forums).
- Customer services: to provide you with a response to your questions (e.g., concerning products, services, or warranties) and to inform you about contests, surveys, and sweepstakes; to arrange a meeting with a Vertiv expert; to provide you with e-books, whitepapers, reports, and other documents regarding our business, products, and services; and to enable you to attend events (internal and external) and webinars.
- to send marketing communications (e.g., newsletters on latest trends and technologies, and news regarding our business, events, new products and services, and updates/news on existing products and services);
- to conduct market research; and
- to objectively rank one sales lead against another by using lead scoring to evaluate criteria such as job title, industry, and engagement with Vertiv marketing activities and website. Vertiv’s lead scoring is used exclusively to decide whether the sales department will make sales calls and/or conduct sales activities in relationship to you. No decisions are made with any legal effects, or that significantly affect you. Vertiv’s lead scoring does not analyse or predict aspects concerning your performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences or interests (with the exception of Vertiv product interest), reliability or behaviour, or movements. Location is considered for internal Vertiv territory assignment. Vertiv does not consider gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation as part of its lead scoring process.
Protection of personal information
Your personal information will be processed in accordance with the principles of correctness, lawfulness, and transparency.
Rest assured that we maintain appropriate security, technical, and organizational measures that ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of unauthorized access to, and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, personal information transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed. We ensure that our third-party service providers who access or handle personal information on our behalf maintain the same safeguards.
Your personal information will be processed manually or electronically using automated tools that ensure the security and confidentiality of the information.
We will process only personal information necessary for the purposes described above. The people authorized to process personal information will immediately delete or make anonymous personal information unnecessary for the above purposes.
If we have given you, or you have chosen, a password to access certain areas of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential: you should not share your password with anyone.
Data retention period
Your personal information will be retained:
- for contractual purposes: for the entire duration of your subscription on this website and, following the withdrawal of your registration, for the period thereafter which is necessary for the purposes of the (i) establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims and keeping accounting records of Vertiv and the companies of the Vertiv group, and (ii) fulfilment of legal obligations applicable to Vertiv and the companies of the Vertiv group. Please bear in mind that the statute of limitations and other applicable law may vary by jurisdiction.
- for sending newsletters, advertising material, and other communications on new products/services and updates/news on existing products/services, and for carrying out surveys, including on customer satisfaction: for 24 months from their collection, unless it is necessary under, or permitted by, applicable law to keep them longer.
The information will be deleted or rendered anonymous at the end of the periods identified above.
Disclosure and sale of personal information
Each category of personal information described above will be disclosed for business purposes and to the extent necessary for Vertiv to fulfil its obligations under applicable law.
- Personal information may be processed by our employees authorized to process personal information for the purposes described above.
- Vertiv may appoint external data processors to manage customer relationship databases; to send newsletters; to provide call center, credit recovery, logistics, and telematics payment services; to carry out surveys; and to perform other business purposes.
- Personal information may be shared with professionals, law firms, and notaries for auditing and due diligence activities. Such entities or individuals may act as autonomous data controllers or data processors.
- Personal information may be transferred to other companies of the Vertiv group or third parties located outside of the United States of America. In such cases, Vertiv will take appropriate measures to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your information.
Except as described above, Vertiv does not sell your personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Manage processing of your personal information
Residents of California have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of your personal information that has been collected;
- to request deletion of your personal information that has been collected (with exceptions);
- to request disclosure of the categories of personal information collected; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; the categories of third parties with whom the personal information is disclosed; and the specific pieces of personal information collected;
- to request disclosure of the categories of your personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom your personal information was sold; and the categories of your personal information disclosed for a business purpose;
- to opt out of the sale of your personal information; and
- nondiscrimination should you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your data privacy rights or to obtain more information, you may contact Vertiv at:
- By email at: email@example.com
- By telephone at:
- By US mail at: Vertiv Group Corporation, Chief Compliance Officer, 1050 Dearborn Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43085
To opt out of the sale of your personal information, visit this page: https://prep.vertiv.com/en-us/privacy-policy/privacy-notice-for-website-california/do-not-sell-my-personal-information/