A UPS is not only needed in the case of a power failure - A UPS 'takes care' of more!
Your check-outs, goods inward system and POS terminals need to be protected from unexpected downtime and data loss – caused by partial or complete power failure or voltage spikes.
However, a UPS is not only needed in the case of power failure – A UPS ‘takes care’ of more!
- Prevent downtime: In case of a complete power failure of failure due to voltage spikes, a UPS will ensure power supply to all attached systems and protect availability.
- Prevent hardware damage: Overload, undervoltage and voltage spikes can cause irreparable damage to devices and systems, which - in worst case - will fail and cause business disruption
- Prevent data loos and data corruption: A UPS will initiate a gracefully shut-down all systems to avoid data loos and data corruption
Where it is needed:
- Check-out systems, goods inward systems, POS-Terminals
- Security systems such as security cameras, alarm systems, fire doors/electronically-managed security doors, etc.
- Network racks, server rooms & data centre
- Professional workstations/desktop PCs
- High-value IT und network equipment (Servers...)
- Router, Bridges and Hubs
- Other sensible electronic devices
Attention: UPS ≠ UPS:
Choosing the right UPS type depends on te purpose and the enviromment.
The use case needs to be carefully taken into consideration (power size,battery life, etc.) to define the best solution.
Additionally a shut-down-concept should be worked out to ensure a graceul shutdown in the right order to avoid data loss.