Vertiv, together with RMO Technology Co. Ltd. and T.E.S.K Green, worked together to help deploy Global Cloud Xchange’s first ‘green’ data center in Cambodia. This state-of-the-art data center is compliant with Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) 942 standards, meeting international standards of efficiency and high availability.
Recognizing the potential of an emerging market such as Cambodia, Global Cloud Xchange (GCX) set out to build its first data center in the country that would cater to the country’s increasingly tech-focused enterprises. With the rapidly growing, internet-connected population of Cambodia, as well as consumer demand for faster broadband speeds, GCX envisioned a data center that is compliant with TIA 942 standards.
Working with RMO Technology Co., Ltd for the consultancy and design and T.E.S.K Green as the deployment vendor, GCX selected Vertiv's SmartAisle™ solution for its new data center – the first of its kind in Cambodia. By combining racks, power, cooling and monitoring in a single turnkey solution, the SmartAisle offers considerable savings in both CAPEX and OPEX for the customer compared to traditional data center builds that combine solutions from various vendors.
Vertiv Solutions Deployed:
- Power – Liebert® APM 30-150KVA Modular UPS and UPS battery system, providing the infrastructure 15min of backup time. This will allow users to swing to do alternate source of power and possibly shut down key applications servers or services
- Power – Rack MPS PDU providing power to the critical IT equipment at the rack level, ability to capture the power utilization and perform hard reboot if necessary
- Cooling – Liebert® PEX+ downflow setup, allowing the air to be directed to the perforated floor tiles inside the Vertiv SmartAisle™ (Cold Aisle Containment- CAC), supporting and cooling the critical IT equipment intelligently with the right amount of airflow and temperature
- Centralized Monitoring – Liebert® RDU-Manager which manages all sensors consolidated from RDU-Appliance G2 and thus able to obtain critical sensors information gathered from Main DB information, Temperature, Humidity, water leak detection across the Data Center, sending notification like SMS and email to the team
- Cold Aisle Containment – SmartAisle™ formed by rows of F-series II racks has the ability to be centrally, intelligently managed. Should there be any fire detected, the top roof of the containment will automatically open to allow the fire suppression agents to flood into the infrastructure to eliminate the fire
Vertiv completed GCX’s new Cambodia data center in just five months. Trusting a single vendor for the entire data center build process proved beneficial to GCX in the long term.
In the end, choosing the SmartAisle solution compared to a traditional data center design provided GCX with the following benefits:
- Reduced installation cost compared to traditional build
- 15-25 per cent energy savings in cooling
- Increased PUE efficiency from 1.7 to 1.35
- Highest efficiency and availability UPS and Power Management
- Intelligent visibility and control of the entire data center infrastructure
With the success of its first green data center in Cambodia, GCX is well on its way of achieving TIA-942 Tier 3 certification. GCX is now working with Vertiv for its second data center build, which is expected to be completed in September 2017.
Learn more about the SmartAisle solution here or download the full GCX case study to learn more about this project.