Privacy Notice for Company Website for Philippines Users
(in accordance with sections 34 and 36 of the Implementing Rules and Regulations to the Philippines’ Republic Act 10173, The Data Privacy Act of 2012)
This privacy notice explains how Vertiv Group Corporation (“Vertiv”) processes your personal data that you or third parties provide to us, when using our website.
Vertiv is a Delaware corporation established in the United States and, as site owner, acts as joint data controller together with the different companies of the Vertiv group to which your personal data may be transmitted to manage the relationship with you and to accommodate your requests.
Please read this privacy notice carefully before using our website because it will help you understand what data we collect, how we use and share the data, and what your choices are in that respect.
Personal data processed
Through your use of the website, we may collect personal data provided by you, including without limitation:
- contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, username, phone number, and home address;
- your company, job title, and employment status;
- publicly available information about you collected from third parties, such as from the postal service for shipping address verification; and
The terms of this privacy notice also apply to your personal data which we have received from third parties, unless we inform you otherwise. Vertiv is not responsible for the dissemination of your personal data by third parties.
Purposes of the processing
Your personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- Compliance: to fulfil obligations provided by law and regulations;
- Account registration: to create an online account, whether as a General User, a Vertiv Partner or a Vertiv Consultant. Your user experience will vary depending on your type of account (e.g., with a General User account, you can edit your profile, visit the forums, and add your employer’s name and your job title; with a Partner and a Consultant account, you may be able to, in addition to the above, access more information which is unavailable without login and you may also have more privileges in terms of engaging in the forums);
- Customer services: to provide you with a response to your questions (e.g., concerning products, services, or warranties) and to inform you about contests, surveys, and sweepstakes; to arrange a meeting with a Vertiv expert; to provide you with e-books, whitepapers, reports, and other documents regarding our business, products and services; and to enable you to attend events (internal and external) and webinars;
- to send marketing communications (e.g., newsletters on latest trends and technologies, and news regarding our business, events, new products and services, and updates/news on existing products and services);
- to conduct market research; and
- to objectively rank one sales lead against another by using lead scoring to evaluate criteria such as job title, industry, and engagement with Vertiv marketing activities and website. Vertiv’s lead scoring is used exclusively to decide whether the sales department will make sales calls and/or conduct sales activities in relationship to you. No decisions are made with any legal effects, or that significantly affect you. Vertiv’s lead scoring does not analyse or predict aspects concerning your performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences or interests (with the exception of Vertiv product interest), reliability or behaviour, or movements. Location is considered for internal Vertiv territory assignment. Vertiv does not consider gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation as part of its lead scoring process.
The legal bases for processing personal data are the following:
- for purpose (a): to fulfil legal obligations
- for purpose (b) and (c): to enter into a contract with you to provide customer services as a user or, at your request, to take pre-contractual measures
- for purpose (d): your consent
Nature of providing the requested data
Providing your personal data is required for the purposes under points (a), (b) and (c); consequently, refusal to provide the requested data or its inaccuracy may prevent Vertiv from providing you with an account registration and customer services.
Providing your personal data for the marketing and profiling purposes under point (d) is optional; however, refusal to provide the data for these purposes may prevent Vertiv from providing you additional or tailored information on products/services. You may revoke your consent at any time.
Methods and place of processing and place of storage of personal data
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the principles of correctness, lawfulness, and transparency.
Rest assured that we maintain appropriate security, technical, and organizational measures that ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of unauthorized access to, and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, personal data transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed. We ensure that our affiliates third-party service providers who access or handle personal data on our behalf maintain the same safeguards.
Your personal data will be processed manually or electronically using automated tools that ensure the security and confidentiality of the data.
Your processed data are stored at our registered office or at the office of any external providers we entrust to store personal data. If you wish to know the list of our external providers, please contact us.
We will process only personal data necessary for the above purposes. The people authorized to process personal data will immediately delete or make anonymous personal data unnecessary for the above purposes.
If we have given you, or you have chosen, a password to access certain areas of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential: you should not share your password with anyone.
Data retention period
Your personal data will be kept by us:
- for contractual purposes: for the entire duration of your subscription on this website and, following the withdrawal of your registration, for the period thereafter which is necessary for the purposes of (i) establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims and keeping accounting records of Vertiv and the companies of the Vertiv group, and (ii) fulfilment of legal obligations applicable to Vertiv and the companies of the Vertiv group. For further information you may contact Vertiv Philippines’ Data Protection Officer, email@example.com.
- for sending newsletters, advertising material, and other communications on new products/services and updates/news on existing products/services, and for carrying out surveys, including on customer satisfaction: for 24 months from their collection, unless it is necessary under, or permitted by, applicable laws to keep them longer.
The data will be deleted or rendered anonymous at the end of the 24 month period.
Data dissemination, sharing and communication
Personal data will be disseminated only to the extent necessary for Vertiv to fulfil the obligations provided by law or regulations.
Your data may be processed by our employees (including those based outside the Philippines, such as our global or regional managers or lawyers), who are authorized to process personal data for the purposes set out above. Vertiv may appoint external data processors (including those based outside the Philippines), to manage customer relationship databases; to send newsletters; to provide call center, credit recovery, logistics and telematics payment services; and to carry out surveys.
Your data may also be shared with professionals, law firms, and notaries for auditing and due diligence activities (including those based outside the Philippines). The above entities/individuals will act as autonomous data controllers or data processors.
The list of the above entities/individuals is kept up-to-date, and you can access it at our office on request.
Please consider that your personal data may be transferred to other companies of the Vertiv group or to third parties, both of which may be located outside of the Philippines. In such cases, Vertiv will take appropriate measures to ensure that safeguards are in place by ensuring a contract is in place with each third party, that provides a comparable level of protection and that requires the third party to: (i) only process personal data on Vertiv’s instructions; (ii) ensure those accessing personal data keep it confidential; (iii) implement appropriate security measures; (iv) not engage another processor without Vertiv’s prior instruction; (v) assist Vertiv when data subjects exercise their rights; (vi) assist Vertiv to comply with the Data Privacy Act and the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRRs); (vii) at the choice of Vertiv, return or destroy personal data at the end of the contract; (viii) demonstrate compliance to Vertiv and submit to audits; (ix) inform Vertiv if our instructions conflict with the Data Privacy Act and the IRRs; and (x) in cases of proposed overseas transfers, to disclose the geographic location of the processing and to only transfer or process the data overseas upon Vertiv’s written consent. . Copies of the relevant policies providing these safeguards are available at Vertiv Philippines’ headquarters and on request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to access, correct, and supplement data and object to processing and to submit complaints
You have the right to obtain confirmation of the existence or non-existence of personal data relating to you.
You also have the right to be informed of the following:
- the existence of the rights enumerated below
- the origin of the personal data
- the purpose and methods of data processing and to know for how long and for what purposes the data is to be maintained
- the logic applied to the data processed electronically
- the identity of the data controller and the data processors
- the identity of the individuals or categories of individuals to whom your personal data may be sent to or who may acquire your data as appointed representatives of our company in your country of residence or as individuals authorized to process your data
You equally have the right to:
- have your data updated, corrected, and supplemented
- have the processing of your personal data restricted, and have any unlawfully processed data erased, made anonymous, or blocked
- require a declaration attesting that the people/companies we communicate or disseminate your data to have been notified and given full details of any of the operations under points (a) and (b) above having been carried out, unless this proves impossible or implies an effort that is clearly disproportionate to the right to be protected
- obtain, in a structured format commonly used and readable by electronic devices, the personal data provided you give us and to have the data transmitted, directly or through Vertiv, to another data controller (known as data portability)
- require appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards be put in place by Vertiv in relation to the system of where data is being stored pertaining to you
- seek damages for inaccurate, incomplete, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your data
You also have the right to object, in whole or in part, to:
- object to the processing, on legitimate grounds, of your personal data, including data relevant for the purpose they were collected (e.g. to unsubscribe from advertising material received by email)
- object/withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data to carry out profiling, to send you advertising material and direct sales messages and to conduct market or commercial communication surveys
To exercise your above rights, please email our Data Protection Officer for Philippines data subjects at: email@example.com
If you believe that we or a person/company we have communicated your data to has violated your rights, you may file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission.
Contact details of the Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
Vertiv, whose global headquarters is located at 1050 Dearborn Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43085, USA, acts as the Joint Data Controller of your personal data together with the other companies of the Vertiv group with which your personal data may be shared, including Vertiv (Singapore) Holdings Pte. Ltd. – ROHQ, with registered office address at 7/F Robinsons Cybergate Plaza, Cybergate Compound, Mandaluyong, 1550, Philippines. To contact us in this respect, or if you need more information on how to exercise your above rights please email Vertiv Data Protection Officer for Philippines data subjects, Philippine Data Protection Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org